Learning Outcomes for Undergraduate Education in History
1. A History major will be able to identify multiple causes of events and historical processes, and will be able to describe and analyze historical contexts of events, ideas and/or social and cultural practices.
2. A History major will be able to comprehend and criticize established scholarly methods in investigating and interpreting the past.
3. A History major will be able to frame research questions in the context of existing scholarly literature.
4. A History major will be able to locate, interpret and analyze primary and secondary sources relevant to research questions.
5. A History major will apply research skills under faculty direction to conceive and execute original historical research and to present it in compelling written argument.