- Those who wish to propose speakers or events should send requests to the chair of the speakers committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Those requests should include a brief (no more than one paragraph) description of the event and a brief (no more than one paragraph) budget. If the committee needs further clarification or elaboration, the chair of the speaker’s committee will request more information.
- The event should have clear relevance to historical issues.
- The committee will review requests on a rolling basis and will seek to split its funding equally between Fall and Spring semesters.
- For the 2023-2024 academic year, the committee will attempt to provide $300-500 for each approved event. However, at its discretion, the committee may provide more or less funding, depending on the perceived importance of the event, budgetary issues, and/or other factors.
- Preference will be given to proposals that have the endorsement of a member of the history department.
Further questions may be directed to email@example.com.